Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Why children need a mother and a father.

Mothers are designed to protect their children. Fathers help children push limits. I remember coming to this realization vividly on one of our first family walks with the Conqueror riding his own bicycle. We were going up a very large hill and he was having a hard time. I would have just let him jump off and push the bike up the hill, but P. pretty much made him ride it up the hill. After a lot of whining, he made it up the hill and then P. told him to turn around and look at how far he'd come. The Conqueror just started beaming with a huge sense of accomplishment.

So, yeah for dads. What I don't appreciate is the teaching of silly little 5th grade boy songs. I think I have heard "We three Kings", the loaded cigar version, 400 times in the past 3 days. It is the only Christmas carol they know how to sing. I suppose this is all necessary for proper development, but I am just hoping I don't get a call from the teachers!

No comments: