- C'mon Biki, get in the car and we can have the buckling race championships!!! (I think its time for a summer sport!!)
- I told him, "Good night I love you! You're a gift from God!" And he replied, "You are a gift from God too!"
- Last night at bed he asked, "What is peppermint?" "Peppermint is a type of candy." "No, peppermint disease." "Peppermint disease?" "Yes, peppermint disease, like that lady who Jesus cured in the bible." I immediately recognized the Gospel with the woman cured of a hemorrhage. I explained it was a hemorrhage, not peppermint disease. I think maybe its time to get his ears checked for wax. Upside, at least he was paying attention during mass.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Saturday, June 20, 2009
It came up that she wasn't going to have children. "Why?" I asked. "Because I am not going to get married! Even if somebody loves me and wants to marry me, I am going to say 'no' at my wedding." Italics mine.
I for one will be looking at the refund policies!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Saturday, June 13, 2009
- We pray for all the sick, including great grandpa M. So the other night Beanie asks at prayers "What the matter with Aunt Annie's dad?" And I answered that he fell and broke his hip. "Oh! Poor little guy!" she responded. I told her he wasn't little, but a big guy. And she said, "He has lots of cavities!" Go figure.
- Beanie takes off her diaper all the time right now. It is infuriating, because she doesn't really get the underwear toilet training concept either. I have cleaned up 100 messes in the last few weeks. I don't think she's ready, but she keeps taking off her diaper so I keep asking her if she wants a diaper, a princess pull-up, or underwear. She often chooses underwear and then I keep putting her on the potty with zippo success. Anyway, this evening at bedtime I was trying to get a diaper on her. She was standing in front of me and then marched up to me, hands on her hips, and exclaimed, "I am 16 years old and I DON'T need a diaper!" Perhaps its time to lay off "The Sound of Music"!
Friday, June 12, 2009
"Hi Baby! I can't eat you baby because you have big bones. I wouldn't want to eat your bones. And your big head wouldn't fit in my mouth. No you have a big head baby!"
Baby apparently thought this was all well and good and kept smiling away.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
I would just like to offer a suggestion as you slowly get around to having the government control every industry in America. After the feds have taken over the auto industry and the health care industry, how about going after the clothing manufacturers?
You see, the problem is that there is no consistency in sizing across the industry. At any given time I have 5 different sizes in my closet and can usually, at any given weight, wear about 3 different ones. For the sake of argument, let's say my skinny size is a "size 2". So, I should feel good when I can get into a size 2 two months post-partum right? WRONG....you see I have a "size 4" that was my skinny size about 6 years ago and that article of clothing is too small currently. I have "size 2" clothes that are too tight or too big and "size 4" that are too tight and too big all at the same time!! And adding to my problems are a new purchase that looked good on upon purchase and promptly fell off after one wearing. Spandex/cotton blend isn't my friend.
These mind games the clothing industry is playing don't work on me. I am onto them. I know that 4 really isn't a 4 anymore. So what's the point? We the people want standards in sizing!
Thank you for your time!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
"Mom, Baby needs her poop changed!!"
I ask him how he knows, thinking he heard one of her tell-tale explosions, and he responds, "I listen very carefully when she's crying and she says 'change my poop please, change my poop please!"
Sunday, June 7, 2009
"That is so beautiful! I am going to take it upstairs and show it to my brother. Conqueror look at this beautiful house!"
See for yourself.....
Saturday, June 6, 2009
And I am wondering why when I have survived for 200 days feel like I can't make it for this last stretch. IT doesn't make sense.
Friday, June 5, 2009
- It is much better to have a baby in November when you have six months to wear big bulky clothes as you try to shed baby weight.
- I took the children to Panera for dinner this evening. I want to vomit when I think that we will be eating out for all our meals for 5 days later this summer.
- That is all.
Thursday, June 4, 2009
- good friends to watch kids in a minor emergency
- that the Conqueror's arm is not broken so we can continue on with T-ball and swim lessons
- a nice doctor who comes to check on us after seeing us in the waiting room (b/c we couldn't get into see him)
- That t-ball practice was cancelled due to bad weather so my exhausted children can be in bed by 7:30pm! : )
- oh yes and only a few days left!!!!!!!!!!
We spent a few hours in the ER last night only to bail and follow up in clinic this morning. It was actually kind of fun hanging out with just the Conqueror and the baby. I forget how much the kid likes to talk when he's got your ear. He talked to anyone and everyone about his arm, how it happened, how he's got "resistance to pain" (trying to explain his high pain tolerance but kept messing it up). It was funny.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
I just had to laugh that it took them 6 months to get me included in the DDEAMC FRG.....Thanks a lot guys but we've got this Army of One thing down (sort of).