Thursday, December 4, 2008

Skype my daddy!

I think the kids have a love-hate relationship with Skype. They really enjoy seeing P. and getting to talk to him. Bean's favorite question is "See me daddy? See me?" or "Why you in there daddy?"

When he called in tonight the girls were getting out of the bath and Beanie started laughing. "Heh, heh, heh! Heh, heh, heh! Skype my daddy! Skype my daddy!" Each time the phrase got louder and louder.

They are all so silly on camera, I wonder if it is because of the general awkwardness of the situation. They are also always so sad after we get off. They don't want me to leave them and they start talking a lot about dad and how long he'll be away. I heard Dad's voice on the teddy bear quite a few times after lights out.

Speaking of the teddy bear, I noticed that one bear was missing from the usual spot at tidy up time. I had seen the Conqueror listening to it in the family room earlier. Then I remembered he had disappeared for a while before dinner. Turns out he'd take his talking dad bear upstairs to play over and over again in private. He's such a sensitive little guy and is trying so hard to be a big boy about all this, but he really is sad!!

No comments: