Thursday, December 11, 2008

3 Weeks Down.....many more to go!

Blogger has been down for a while. Interesting thoughts (at least to me) have come and gone. At this point I am counting down, along with my little friends, until we leave for "Papa's house" with a pit stop at "Charlotte's house." I think we could all use a change of pace.

I know in the past week I have wanted to write about the wild woman of Borneo, our resident 2 year old. The child is amazingly physical. I turn around and she's climbed in the sink and is "washing my hands" a/k/a soaking wet with the entire contents of the soap bottle all over the counter. She is constantly taking off her socks, shoes, diapers, clothes. She'll come downstairs in the most random of things. Now that her clothes are in the same room as everyone else's she just sort of helps herself to whatever she's in the mood for. My favorite was when she came downstairs wearing 3 pairs of Biki's underwear- with nothing else on. With her snaggle toothed grin (another tooth is chipping and rotting in the front), chubby cheeks, and crazy hair (no how often I comb it!) she is darn cute but utterly exhausting. She loves playing with all the nativity sets and I find the Fontanini and Fisher Price pieces mixed up every day. She is really excited about the magnetic advent calendar and is absolutely obsessed with snuffing out the advent candles. Tonight she only got to snuff out one and threw an absolute tantrum. Yikes!!! Her rendition of "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" isn't bad either.

I wonder if she's acting out so much because so much of her day is spent strapped in the car chauffeuring her siblings around. The more and more I think about it I wonder if I should be homeschooling. I think its just too hard on the little kids to be in the car all the time. Ugh. I think it would be beneficial for Biki, but Conqueror is too social for it and with no brothers I think he'd be too feminized.

Well, I wanted to tell the story of when the retail clerk asked me why I don't do birth control but alas, duty calls. I gotta sweep and mop the floor and finish wrapping presents.

No comments: