Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Random Thoughts

What is it about 3 and 4 year olds and death? One of the main reasons I stay home is to field these sorts of questions- things that the nicest old nanny wouldn't answer to my satisfaction. Biki is obsessed with death and dying and heaven and the saints as of late. I am sure some of this coming to the forefront thanks to dad's imminent departure to a war zone.

Some recent smatterings:
* We had better pray they don't drop one of those big bombs in Iraq, because it would explode everyone. Even the doctors. (That one's sort of sad and we had lots to talk about after that comment. Where she learned about the atomic bomb, I am still trying to figure out. I blame dad! : )

*Does heaven have a roof?

*What saints do you want to meet in heaven mom? I answer with Mary, St. Joseph, St. Josemaria, St. Monica, St. Margaret....and then she keeps egging me on, obviously wanting me to pick her saint...and so I say "St. X" and she says "that's me!!!" So at least she's getting the concept that she needs to be a saint!

*Will St. Joseph have his head in heaven? This one had me stumped until I figured out she was talking about St. John the Baptist. Since we haven't gotten to the whole resurrection of the body question, which still fascinates big brother, I just quickly answered that God gave him his head back since he was such a good man!

1 comment:

Enthusiasm said...

I bet it's because every St Joseph statue's head always breaks off! It's true!