Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I spoke too soon....

about that whole partners in crime thing. I had the gate up to prevent momo's escape to the 2nd floor only to hear some suspicious noises up on the landing. I run to the bottom of the stairs to find the gate thrust aside and up at the top of the stairs was Beanie encouraging momo on her last step.

"Beanie!!! Did you take down the gate?"

"Yes, because momo needed to get up the stairs!" (Spoken in a dead serious matter of fact tone.)

Thank God for guardian angels. At least those Montessorians always said stairs were the greatest things for kids developmentally.

1 comment:

:o) mg said...

you probably already know that kids are resilient.... plus the good thing about your house is that they are carpeted if I remember correctly, so at least she will roll or bounce on a softer surface. My number three fell down countless numbers of times on our steps when she was about 16 mos(I was beginning to wonder there for awhile, with her being blonde and all - hahah jk)