Thursday, January 14, 2010

I am ignoring laundry....

to tell you about Momo. Have I talked much about Momo? She's quite the unique baby, just turned 9 months and at a big turning point. Thing is, she thinks she's three. Today I witnessed one of those moments in parenting when I wanted to cheer, laugh, and cry all at the same time. Momo figured out how to really climb the stairs, all sixteen of them. She started and then P. and the big kids started cheering her on while I spotted her. She got increasingly excited with each one, doing her trademark grunt/yell (she's been grunting since she was a newborn but now she sort of growls). By the time she got to the top of the stairs she pumped her arms and possibly her fists and seemed to yell out "Yeah, yeah, yeah!" while everyone cheered. Needless to say, we're getting a baby gate this weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be contented that she isn't running down the hall at age 9 and 1/2 months as her fellow "growler" Aunt L was doing 21+ years ago. At 1 yr L was found balancing on the edge of the bathtub with wet bare feet and in her birthday suit!

:o) mg said...

Anonymous: that story sort of made me lightheaded.