Thursday, February 5, 2009

I should follow my own advice

We said a decade of the rosary in the car today and I had the kids take turns saying Hail Mary's. Let's just say one unnamed child wasn't really into it. When asked to say one the response was, and I quote, "Hail Mary, blah, blah, blah." I flipped it and "explained" that Mary is our mother and we need to treat her with respect. Then I went on to explain how much it hurt Jesus when we treat His mother disrespectfully.

Anyway, I was thinking about this incident and realized I could follow my own advice a bit more!! I am proud to say that at the most difficult moment of my life I dropped to my knees saying Memorares, but otherwise I am not as much of "Mary " person as I could be! Saying my rosary was always a struggle and still is likely to get less attention then it deserves, even if it does get said. St. JM always spoke lovingly of her and pretty much told everyone in OD to say the rosary every day no matter what else doesn't get done on the prayer list.

Anyway, perhaps we need to be instituting a little bit more Marian piety around here!! Say a little prayer for the above offender! They could use it!

No comments: