Thursday, June 11, 2009

Open Letter to Obama

Dear Mr. President,

I would just like to offer a suggestion as you slowly get around to having the government control every industry in America. After the feds have taken over the auto industry and the health care industry, how about going after the clothing manufacturers?

You see, the problem is that there is no consistency in sizing across the industry. At any given time I have 5 different sizes in my closet and can usually, at any given weight, wear about 3 different ones. For the sake of argument, let's say my skinny size is a "size 2". So, I should feel good when I can get into a size 2 two months post-partum right? WRONG....you see I have a "size 4" that was my skinny size about 6 years ago and that article of clothing is too small currently. I have "size 2" clothes that are too tight or too big and "size 4" that are too tight and too big all at the same time!! And adding to my problems are a new purchase that looked good on upon purchase and promptly fell off after one wearing. Spandex/cotton blend isn't my friend.

These mind games the clothing industry is playing don't work on me. I am onto them. I know that 4 really isn't a 4 anymore. So what's the point? We the people want standards in sizing!

Thank you for your time!

No comments: