2. Mommy blog worship aside let's talk about toddlers. Toddler boys actually. I can't actually do anything all day but make sure he doesn't kill himself. For real. I am only blogging right now because I just nursed him to sleep while grocery shopping. (More on that later.) And yes, I nurse toddlers. Thank goodness for the only 10 minutes of my day I can dial it down a notch while he is still awake. Sometimes if the nursing fairies are nice I even get to spend those ten minutes of nursing time at mass, actually paying attention as opposed to running around the narthex. Ooh sweet unexpected nap. You might ruin my afternoon but I will take you today!
I would have posted a photo here but it looks like stuff has changed since I last blogged and I have to sell my soul to google before I can post a picture. Hmmm. Must research more.
3. The new love of my life is Harris Teeter's Express Lane Shopping. I do all the shopping online and then pick a half hour window to pick it up. I don't have to get out of my car at all. And more importantly I don't have to go up and down the aisles with a whining three year old and a one year old struggling to get out of my arms to either run away or knock stuff off the shelves. My last trip before I found all the shopping I want per month for $16.95 involved me hoisting the barbabyian under my arms flying airplane style. Never again my friends. Never again.
4. Between my BFF HT and Amazon Prime* I may never leave my house again except to carpool three to four times a day and mass. Maybe, just maybe, I will be able to fold laundry before 9pm at night. Although with the barbabyian's interest in all things mess making, I doubt it.
5. I didn't realize how much moving has been a toll on the family. It has been a real rough fall for all the kids emotionally and me too. I don't know if I thought moving back to the same area would be just the same or what, but there has been a lot of adjustment. And the fact that it took me six months to hang pictures didn't exactly help from a settling in perspective either. Watch we'll probably get notice that our state department landlords will be coming home this summer instead of next summer as soon as I publish that I actually settled in!
6. I was actually inspired to do the birth story linkup hosted by Grace. I think I can top the one by the boring blogger. And I don't think she'd disagree with me. I just don't know if the world is ready for my story.
*7. Number 7 is a star because I just want to say that every time I use amazon I feel like I am killing a small business and I feel guilty. But not guilty enough to run errands with a toddler to multiple small businesses when I can point and click. The village is gone for raising kids so I have the Internet. The end.
Head on over to Moxie Wife for more Quick Takes!