Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Birth Stories gone Bad

Someone just put two and two together about her birth story and I am in for it. The telling of the birth story (sanitized mind you!) has been a longstanding tradition around here and now I am realizing that was a serious mistake. Why? I think you know.

Beanie has realized that her birth story is sensational and since she always loves a good joke she delights in telling it. Repeatedly. At the soccer game, when she randomly picks up my cell phone, in conversing with an older cousin who probably doesn't even know what a birth is, in the grocery store line.

It always goes something like this,

"I am Beanie. (she says her real name) I was born on my mom's baff-room floor. BAH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!"

The shocked person on the other end usually asks something like "Really??" thinking the kid is pulling their leg because she obviously relishes telling this joke. Depending on the situation I laugh, admit it, or run.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Wait till she hears her Aunt's version of the story!