Friday, December 17, 2010

Snapshot

It is 11:30pm on a Friday night and I am downstairs with a very awake Momo. Momo doesn't go to bed very well for babysitters so I made sure she had a good, long, and late nap. It would have been the perfect scenario if we had actually used the babysitter. But sadly, my husband was called in early this morning and spent all day in the OR. Didn't get home until an hour and half after the Christmas party was supposed to start and was slightly tired after 4 hours of sleep last night. He goes weeks without being called in and I always get slightly annoyed having to pretend that he's not going to be around when he's on call (which seems like all the time except two weekends a month). But then you have a time when you make plans even though he's on call and get burned and it all makes sense. At least it was just an office party. I am pretty sure the other surgeons understand! : )

No comments: