Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Detachment

It has been a little crazy around here as of late. There have been a series of mechanical difficulties around here- cars, showers, garbage disposals, microwaves, Internet, home phone, and ceiling fans are all I can think of off the top of my head.

Anyway, I keep learning how much I don't necessarily need things I once considered essential. Of course, when things return I am more grateful than ever to have them and all, but I suppose it is a good lesson!

There is really no point to this post except to explain where all my extra energy has gone as of late. I am happy to report that my house was really no different after 4 days with no Internet so maybe I don't waste as much time as I feared. Not.

2 comments:

South Paw said...

tis funny you posted this because we are considering pulling the plug on our internet...gulp...we shall see... I know I can waste time in any environment, world wide web or not.

MJDMom said...

I will say that as your kids get older, the school use it all the time and it becomes rather inconvenient not to use it. So much of the world in online that its like not having a phone.