- Tell me you know about the Fortnight for Freedom. Please.
**Umm, yeah, that includes catholics.
2. I can't understand why people, catholics in particular, aren't more concerned about this recent intrusion on our RIGHT to the free exercise of our religion.
3. Have you noticed commentators talking about the "freedom of worship"? Newsflash...that's not the text of the 1st amendment. Read it yourself. It talks about the establishment of a national religion (bad) and the free exercise of your religion (good). Presumably the freedom to worship is part of the 1st amendment, but our 1st amendment freedom is way more. I think they just want people to be able to pray in their church or bedroom but not have their faith inform the rest of their life. Sorry, but I am fairly certain that loving God with my "whole mind, heart, and soul" is going to carry over into my public life.
4. Ok, now that we've had our civics lesson let's talk about how I am actually making tshirts to wear to a local rally. Me, who never makes anything. I got the iron on transfer printout idea from my dear friend who did something similar a while back.
6. But they are pretty cool.
7. In closing, if you don't think this HHS mandate thing is a big deal, you really aren't thinking about it enough. I am ramping up the prayer and sacrifice this fortnight and am going out next Wednesday to exercise my 1st amendment rights in defense of my first amendment rights. And you know what? I am doing it for the children, because this is their America to inherit and I want them to have the same freedoms I had growing up. That is looking increasingly unlikely, but I owe it to them to at least try to change things.
Go see Jen for more quick takes.