Saturday, November 21, 2009

Beanie get yer gun....

Hunting is a topic of conversation around here regularly. Someday we will join the clan on one of the big hunts in Michigan and the kids can't wait. Today Beanie expressed willingness to hunt.

"I can't wait to shoot a little panda bear!!!"

Imagine her jumping up and down clapping her hands together, because that's what she was doing.

Maybe she has some inner angst about all the taxpayer dollars used to bring the pandas to the National Zoo only to have to give them back. Who knows, but I think she truly meant grizzly bear because she was even wearing a San Diego zoo shirt with a panda on it. But now I can't see a little panda bear without busting up laughing. Here's to hoping PETA doesn't google my blog.

3 comments:

South Paw said...

This is hilarious because Jim was just talking recently about how there is always something wrong with the pandas at the nat'l zoo. "...panda exhibit closed b/c a) ling ling has a tooth absess or b) ming has a cataract etc etc." So maybe beanie can put them out of their misery. Her Godmommy and Godpappy have always wanted to hunt so maybe at least one point in the future we could at least go to a shooting range. Papa Bear has gone to NRA's range..we could take her there!

not me said...

I'm sorry, but I don't find that funny at all. Hunting just for the hell of it is a horrible thing in my opinion. =/

Aunt Hunter said...

I'm sure Beanie would eat the panda and make a beauteous rug out of the skin, proving herself a wonderful steward of God's creation. Who hunts for the hell of it?